21325 Superior Street, Los Angeles, CA, US
Compton – 1714 Anderson Ave., Compton, CA, US
Ontario, Ontario, CA, US
Savannah, Savannah, GA, US
We are looking for Class A Drivers to join our Southern California and Northeast Georgia (Savannah) NH Services, LLC business division. NH Services (NHS) is a wholly-owned division of Noble House Home Furnishings, LLC.
Why join Noble House? Since 1992, Noble House Home Furnishings has offered its customers quality furniture options and designs. From indoor furnishings for any and every room in a home to large outdoor sofa sets, we continuously update our broad range of products, designing more than 100 new items and styles, both classic and on-trend, on a monthly basis. We can fulfill and ship up to thousands of orders daily. Our business consumers include major box stores like Walmart, Costco and online business customers like Amazon, Wayfair and Overstock. We offer several brands, including Christopher Knight Home, and we’ve recently launched our own retail store, GDF Studio. Noble House keeps ahead of the trends and market, making us a dominant force in the furniture industry.
At Noble House, we are a diverse and global workplace, with employees representing several different nationalities, and we source and build our furniture from both around the world and the United States. While we have been around for 25+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace, and we are looking for talented individuals like you to join our team.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Drayage Manager, and receiving daily dispatch instructions from Drayage Dispatcher or their Manager, the Class A Driver is responsible for servicing containers to and from their assigned geographic ports on a daily basis. These positions are scheduled and available during day, evening/overnight, and weekend shifts. Drivers are local to their area and only in exceptional circumstances may there be long-distance required.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Operate commercial tractor and chassis combinations safely and efficiently.
- Perform complete pre-trip inspections (PTI) and report maintenance issues to Operations for repair.
- Follow dispatch instructions and communicate issues to Dispatch via mobile phone or on-board system,
- Maintain accurate and compliant electronic logs, and submit electronic daily vehicle inspection records (DVIR) via the on-board system.
- Operate within federal, state, and local laws, and follow Hours of Service (HOS) requirements at all times.
- Communicate with Operations, Warehouses, and other drivers to solve problems and work safely and efficiently.
- Move containers between terminals and warehouses, and assist in moving within yards where needed.
- Other duties as assigned by dispatch, drayage, or operations management
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Must have and maintain a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Must have or obtain a valid medical certificate in accordance with federal regulations.
- This is a safety-sensitive position. All candidates must submit to pre-employment drug screening and random testing in accordance with federal regulations.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid TWIC card.
- Must be physically qualified to operate a commercial vehicle in accordance with federal regulations.
- Must be able to sit for long periods, and climb in and out of commercial vehicles regularly without assistance.
- Must be able to perform basic maintenance tasks including checking fluids, replacing fluids, operating a fuel pump, and basic preventative maintenance tasks with basic tools common to commercial vehicle operation.
- Must be able to occasionally lift articles up to 40 pounds without assistance.
A background check (which may include a pre-employment drug screen) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the status of candidates who apply for the position.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
NH Services Perks – Employee discounts on Noble House home furnishings products, monthly lunches, fitness and mindfulness app subscriptions, free employee counseling, and other discounts
Employee Benefits – including paid-time off, medical plans, dental, vision, 401k, profit sharing.
Team-Oriented Culture – We have a diverse workplace of talented people who partner to make NH Services, LLC a unique and engaging place to work.