Los Angeles, CA, US
Job Summary: The Assistant Buyer contributes to Noble House’s success by assisting the Merchandising department in day-to-day aspects of buying and merchandising in key areas of the business including reporting, sales analysis, and communication. The Assistant Buyer will help develop assortments for the Indoor and Outdoor merchant team that are first to market, competitive, and ensure financial success (sales, gross margin, and inventory turn) by analyzing product trends and historical data. This role relies on experience and judgment and works under the supervision of a Merchandiser or Senior Manager.
- Maintains and distributes accurate business recap reports (daily sales, inventory, sales trends etc.) used for analyzing the business and communicating with cross-functional departments.
- Places merchandise sample orders with Vendors and Asia team.
- Works with Merchandiser to manage and own “Product Knowledge Library” to support the customer experience
- Takes responsibility for all HM maintenance-set-up & updates for the department
- Takes ownership for gathering and entering merchandise information into the product database, and ensures accuracy.
- Works with Creative Services team and Merchandising to manage product timelines, deadlines, and accuracy. Assists with identifying content, copy and photography needs.
- Plans and communicates SKU setup timelines and provides necessary information to the Copywriter/Content for SKU set up.
- Prepares for Costing Meeting, and manages cost changes and communicates to Merchandising and FP&A team.
- Manages and maintains accurate assortment boards
- Sample management including unpacking and sample house placement
- Proofs catalog information for accuracy (including features & benefits copy and SKU level detail).
- Actively work with Customer Service and organize claims. Follow through monthly to resolve outstanding issues
- Builds professional relationships with channels and responds to channel requests for information. Prepares reports for channel meetings and recaps meeting details and action items for GMM and merchant team.
- Develops a working knowledge of the Noble House buying function including merchandise selection, negotiating, pricing, planning, marketing and customer profiles.
- Other duties as assigned by department supervisor, manager, and/or executive management.
- Ability to regularly communicate verbally and in writing and work cooperatively with employees, vendors and customers.
- Ability to use computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks.
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts and/or ideas in clear and concise manner.
- Ability to move about the workplace retrieving merchandise. Able to grab, reach, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to manage merchandise.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description required from this position. This is not a complete list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated strong sense of integrity
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook); intermediate-level Excel, in particular
- Proficient computer skills
- Generally requires minimum of 1-2 years Merchandising, Fashion, Business or related field or related experience in an e-commerce and/or fulfillment/distribution environment
- 1-2 years’ experience performing data analysis.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual in Spanish is a big plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Fashion, Business or related field. Relevant work experience considered in lieu of education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing in this position, the employee may be required to:
- Frequently see periods of prolonged sitting and repetitive motions due to use of computer equipment and telephones.
- Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs
- Occasionally stand, walk, squat, kneel, twist at the waist, use hands for fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level
- Occasionally climb stairs to reach second-floor office locations
- Occasionally travel by airplane and/or automobile to U.S. domestic destinations
- Work performed indoors in an office facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- Certain office locations are adjacent to warehouse facility spaces with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- Noise level of the office environment is low.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.