EL Monte, El Monte, CA, US
We are looking for an HR Operations Specialist to join our El Monte, CA location.
Why join Noble House? Since 1992, Noble House Home Furnishings has offered its customers quality furniture options and designs. From indoor furnishings for any and every room in a home to large outdoor sofa sets, we continuously update our broad range of products, designing more than 100 new items and styles, both classic and on-trend, on a monthly basis. We can fulfill and ship up to thousands of orders daily. Our business consumers include major box stores like Walmart, Costco and online business customers like Amazon, Wayfair and Overstock. We offer several brands, including Christopher Knight Home, and we’ve recently launched our own retail store, GDF Studio. Noble House keeps ahead of the trends and market, making us a dominant force in the furniture industry.
At Noble House, we are a diverse and global workplace, with employees representing several different nationalities and we source and build our furniture from both around the world and the United States. While we have been around for 25+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace, and we are looking for talented individuals like you to join our team.
The HR Operations Specialist will report directly to the Human Resources Manager and will provide general human resources and payroll support to the Operations departments of the Company. This position is responsible for providing timekeeping administrative support and preparing/processing scheduled and ad hoc Human Resources and Payroll data reports via ADP Workforce Now. Additional responsibilities include onboarding/off-boarding, basic benefits and employee relations questions, and assisting Corporate HR with maintaining compliance and safety processes and procedures. The right candidate will possess: a solid understanding of HR and payroll practices; have an ownership attitude, a high degree of initiative; and view no task as too large or too small.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
BiWeekly Time Reporting and Pay Processing
- Responsible for the bi-weekly timecard approval process in ADP e-Time module; runs missing punch and pending approval reports to follow-up with Operations managers to complete time.
- Prepares HR input for Operations-based payroll, including approving personal time requests, special payments, discretionary bonus calculations, etc. using MS Excel.
- Responsible for overseeing and participating in the timely and accurate reporting and processing of bi-weekly payroll for multiple locations in the U.S. and multiple company codes.
- Reviews Excel worksheets for accuracy and completeness prior to transmittal.
- Prepares batch entry CSV files for accurate payroll batches into ADP Workforce Now
- Respond to payroll related questions and requests (i.e. employment verifications, employee pay issues, income withholding, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Partners with HR on employee onboarding, transfers and termination processes and pay related items.
- Works closely with the HR Manager and HR Director regarding payroll benefit related items including benefit deductions, leave of absences, disability, COVID-19 related leave and garnishments.
- Partners with HR Manager and Accounting team to provide monthly, quarterly, and annual labor cost reporting.
HR Compliance & Reporting
- Assist in identifying areas of non-compliance
- Educate & enforce policies and procedures amongst all staff
- Responsible for internal and any compulsory reporting
Retention & Engagement
- Help drive a culture in line with the company’s mission, vision and values
- Coordinate company-wide and team events
- Help drive clear communication throughout the organization
- Manage the production process of our company newsletter
- Assist with worker’s compensation claims & reporting requirements
- Partner with Safety Specialist and HR Manager to ensure adherence to safety policies and implement new safety training requirements and protocols for our warehouse and corporate environments
- Partner with Safety Specialist to complete the OSHA reporting processes
- Assist with talent acquisition process for defined customer base
- Provide support in special HR initiatives as needed
- Act as first-level contact for employees on questions related to HR policies, benefits, and other employee-based processes
- Conduct exit interviews for employees separating from the Company
Plus other duties as assigned by manager and/or executive management.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
This position will be located in our El Monte, CA location, but will be required to support and travel to our Compton, CA and Ontario, CA locations.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in HR or Business, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years combination HR/Payroll administration experience required
- 2+ years of ADP Workforce Now (WFN) experience required
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, wage and hour and employment laws/practices
- Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft Office and the G-Suite.
- Must have strong communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Must have a high level of discretion with prior experience handling confidential information
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage a heavy ever-changing workload
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Must be able to work with all levels of staff
Preferred Requirements (Optional)
Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
PHR and/or CPP Certification is a plus
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Team-Oriented Culture – We have a diverse workplace of talented people – sales/marketing, merchandising, e-commerce, retail, and general administrators – who partner to make Noble House a unique and engaging place to work.
Employee Benefits – including medical plans, dental, vision, and 401k.
Noble House Perks – Employee discounts on Noble House products, monthly lunches, etc.