EL Monte, El Monte, CA, US
We are looking for a Senior Logistics Director to join our growing team in our El Monte, CA location.
Why join Noble House? Since 1992, Noble House Home Furnishings has offered its customers quality furniture options and designs. From indoor furnishings for any and every room in a home to large outdoor sofa sets, we continuously update our broad range of products, designing more than 100 new items and styles, both classic and on-trend, on a monthly basis. We can fulfill and ship up to thousands of orders daily. Our business consumers include major box stores like Walmart, Costco and online business customers like Amazon, Wayfair and Overstock. We offer several brands, including Christopher Knight Home, and we’ve recently launched our own retail store, GDF Studio. Noble House keeps ahead of the trends and market, making us a dominant force in the furniture industry.
At Noble House, we are a diverse and global workplace, with employees representing several different nationalities, and we source and build our furniture from both around the world and the United States. While we have been around for 25+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace, and we are looking for talented individuals like you to join our team.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer of the parent company, this position is responsible for the direction and oversight of all aspects of supply chain functions within North America and Europe, including warehousing, distribution, and logistics. Within these groups, this position will be tasked with instituting industry best practices for supply chain programs. This position will require an in-depth knowledge of warehousing, customs, trucking, and the domestic freight landscape. This position will be leading to numerous growth and automation initiatives. The ultimate goal of this position will be to build a sustainable, lean, operation capable of not only supporting the company’s tremendous projected growth but also driving it. This role requires the ability to lead and influence at all levels of the organization. This role is a key member of the Senior Management Team.
- seek a senior leadership role where you can share your expertise in distribution & logistics and thrive on simultaneously solving long-term complex operational visions with short-term operational challenges
- have a demonstrated track record of improving performance for distribution companies, and
- you enjoy working alongside corporate leaders to drive results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
…….we encourage you to apply.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Lead the North American supply chain (warehouse operations, Quality control, freight relationships, internal inbound and outbound trucking units, and customs) to drive continuous improvement across Company operations.
- Evaluate the performance of all aspects of the supply chain and logistics operation and drive continuous improvement through automation, system, and process improvements
- Leverage technology to maximize internal capabilities
- Oversee and manage international 3PLs to ensure performance and costs are in line
- Modify and/or manage Key Performance Indicators
- Serve as project sponsor and partner with Operations project manager for potential warehouse integrations and relocations, system implementations, and automation goals
- Ensure that all required safety processes and systems and Company policies are met and improved
- Monitor and maintain appropriate staffing levels, and create programs to reduce turnover. Partner with Human Resources leadership to achieve recruiting and talent development initiatives
- Mentor, train and coach direct reports while effectively delegating, and provides clear expectations and regular feedback
- Other duties as assigned by executive management
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description required from this position. This is not a complete list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Overview of requirements
- Ability to develop, articulate, and enact a clear vision of what the Company needs to meet its long-term business objectives
- Results-oriented and focused on delivering results. Meets due dates within the given budget.
- Collaborative and effective management style setting clear expectations and strong accountability
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet aggressive deadlines and business objectives
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent change management skills, with ability to influence peer stakeholders
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated strong sense of integrity
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Resilient with an ability to adapt/flex to changing business objectives
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) and OSHA guidelines
- Minimum 10+ years of warehouse/DC operations and inbound/outbound logistics management
- Proven ability to develop and lead e-commerce supply chain strategies, within timeline and budgetary constraints across functional areas.
- Prior proven ability to negotiate best pricing for shipping freight rates and 3PL services.
- Demonstrated results with transformational execution and change management.
- Extensive exposure to industry best practices, especially warehouse automation (systems and mechanisms)
- Proven ability to develop management-level direct reports, providing coaching and mentorship while also maintaining accountability for results
- Advanced knowledge in Warehouse Management Systems and integration with ERP systems
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook); intermediate- to advanced-level Excel, in particular
- Proficient computer skills
Preferred Educations, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual in Spanish or Chinese is a plus, but not required
- Authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Working knowledge of Google Business Suite: Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, or Industrial and/or Process Engineering; a Master’s Degree/MBA strongly preferred
- Lean Methodology and/or Supply Chain Qualification (e.g. Six Sigma, APICS) and related experience in process enhancements and standardization