Savannah, GA, US
Job Summary: Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for inventory management, shipping and receiving, daily inbound, outbound and daily warehouse operations. Responsible for the planning and assigning of work among assigned employees and temporary staff workers.
- Managing the daily operations of the Shipping or Receiving Department.
- Daily Inbound Container – plan with pre-dock info and provided, plan space, allocated docks, assigned team, unloading, stacking, housekeep to consolidate space.
- Follow all procedures for receiving incoming freight and proper distribution of details to relevant parties.
- Daily Outbound Container – FedEx/UPS ground & express/LTL shipments, timely co-ordination of exit trucks/docks by working with assigned team for pulling, labeling, loading. Enforcing all safety and accuracy check procedures are carried out.
- Helping to oversee a staff of approximately 10 to 20 employees in the warehouse.
- Providing day-to-day managerial support to the staff (manage labor-plan weekly assignment calendars, tracking time off, scheduling training, etc.)
- Implement and enforce safety rules.
- Overseeing and assisting with the maintenance of equipment.
- Offering regular and ad hoc reports to the Operations Manager.
- Working with the Operations Manager to streamline operations on the floor.
- Maintain or improve warehouse operational processes
- Other duties as assigned by warehouse manager, and/or senior management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must be able to adapt to changes, and mobilize assigned team members to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated strong sense of integrity
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Equipment Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); intermediate-level Excel, in particular
- Proficient computer skills
- Generally, requires minimum of two (2) years or related experience in an e-commerce and/or fulfillment/distribution environment
- Experience in the furniture industry.
- Familiar with high volume operation.
- Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) experience (Cherry/Order picker, sit-down, stand-up and pallet rider)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a big plus, but not required
- HS Diploma is preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing in this position, the employee may be required to:
- Frequently see periods of prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
- Constantly lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs, and frequently lift up to 75 lbs; repetitively use hands for simple and power grasping
- Occasionally sit, walk, squat, kneel, twist at the waist, use hands for fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level
- Occasionally work at heights that exceed 10 feet
- Must be able to have a 6.30 a.m. start time and be able to work flexible hours between two/ three shifts as needed. Must be available to work weekends as needed.
- Work performed in a warehouse-type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- Closed-toed shoes are required, steel-toed shoes strongly preferred.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.