Compton, CA, US
Warehouse Worker II
Job Summary: The Noble House General Warehouse Laborer is responsible for assisting in all areas of the warehouse that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Machine Operator: setting up, utilizing, monitoring and maintaining warehouse equipment and machinery; perform routine inspections of equipment and/or machinery.
- Shipping: Pulling boxes, fixing damaged boxes, pasting labels, scanning product and loading trailers.
- Receiving: Unloading incoming containers, scanning product into our systems.
- Returns Department: Opening returned items, taking pictures to report damages of the piece and categorizing returned items.
- Housekeeping: Organizing boxes, merging items, stacking product.
- Other duties as assigned by department supervisor, manager, and/or executive management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated strong sense of integrity
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Equipment Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); intermediate-level Excel, in particular
- Proficient computer skills
- Generally, requires minimum of one year in distribution or manufacturing industry, or related experience in an e-commerce and/or fulfillment/distribution environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual in Spanish is a big plus, but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing in this position, the employee may be required to:
- Frequently see periods of prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
- Constantly lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs, and frequently lift up to 75 lbs; repetitively use hands for simple and power grasping
- Occasionally sit, walk, squat, kneel, twist at the waist, use hands for fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level
- Occasionally work at heights that exceed 10 feet
- Work performed in a warehouse-type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- Closed-toed shoes are required, steel-toed shoes strongly preferred.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.